Zarafa Outlook 2013 Support
From Zarafa wiki
This page is no longer maintained. For the latest information about supported Outlook version, please see our announcements at https://portal.zarafa.com
Zarafa does officially support Outlook 2013 starting with ZCP 7.1.6 final .
The compatibility component will only work with the following versions of Outlook:
- Outlook 2013 RTM - 15.0.4481.1003
- Outlook 2013 RTM - 15.0.4481.1508
- Outlook 2013 RTM - 15.0.4505.1002
- Outlook 2013 RTM - 15.0.4517.1003, since 7.1.5-42115
- Outlook 2013 RTM - 15.0.4517.1509
- Outlook 2013 RTM - 15.0.4535.1006, since 7.1.7-42779
- Outlook 2013 RTM - 15.0.4535.1508
- Outlook 2013 RTM - 15.0.4551.1004
- Outlook 2013 RTM - 15.0.4551.1511
- Outlook 2013 RTM - 15.0.4569.1503 since 7.1.8-44068
- Outlook 2013 RTM - 15.0.4569.1503 since 7.1.10-44973
- Outlook 2013 RTM - 15.0.4615.1000 since 7.1.11-46050
- Outlook 2013 RTM - 15.0.4659.1000 since 7.1.11-46480
- Click-to-run versions are supported since 7.1.10-44973
The version can be found by opening file details on the file (Right click Properties -> Details tab): 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\OUTLOOK.EXE'.
The version information shown under Help within Outlook 2013 is not relevant.
The Outlook features that will be available after installation of the compatibility component are:
- Opening shared calendars from Outlook menu ribbon ('Open Calendar')
- Private items support (hides private items)
- Public contact folder support in Outlook Addressbook
Below is an overview of the functionality that is currently not available when using Outlook 2013 in combination with ZCP.
- Freebusy -> View calendar details
- Activities in Shared stores and Public Stores
- GAL pictures
- Using file -> Open -> Open other user's store is not possible, however you can open delegate stores using Zarafa's advanced configuration dialog, and you can open calendars using the ribbon ('Open Calendar') when viewing your calendar.
In very rare cases it can be that the zcompat.dll is not properly added to the AppInit_DLLs property within the registry.
This could result in shared calendars not properly being displayed.
In the registry:
For Windows 64bit, navigate to:
Change AppInit_DLLs to include C:\PROGRA~2\Zarafa\ZARAFA~1\zcompat.dll
For Windows 32bit, navigate to:
Change AppInit_DLLs to include C:\PROGRA~1\Zarafa\ZARAFA~1\zcompat.dll
In both cases, if you have multiple AppInit_DLLs you can separate them by using a space between them.
E.g. "somedll.dll C:\PROGRA~1\Zarafa\ZARAFA~1\zcompat.dll".
Since 7.1.10-44973 we do not use this method anymore.
In some cases it helped to move zcompat.dll into the SySWOW64 folder on 64bit systems.